The Hometown Community Bank, known as The Peoples Bank of Iva, opened for business in 1951 in a one-story building located on Broad Street in downtown Iva, SC. The bank was chartered in October 1950 with Dr. C.D. Evans as the first President, and Mr. J.P. Patterson as Executive Vice-President and Head Cashier to begin operations in January 1951.
In 1965, the old post office building in Iva was purchased by the bank. The building was enlarged and remodeled to enhance the downtown business district with open house held in March 1966.
In 1981, in an effort to expand its services, The Peoples Bank of Iva built its first branch office in Anderson, SC on South Main in the Homeland Park area. Today, the bank has expanded its services to North Main, Clemson Boulevard, Greenville Street and the Hwy 24 area of Anderson. The Peoples Bank of Iva became The Peoples Bank as we expanded our services throughout Anderson County. We are currently the only local community bank in the city of Anderson with its headquarters in Anderson County.
The bank continues to be owned by diverse, local people with the same original goal in mind: to have a local bank to serve the needs of local residents and businesses.